GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR MEDICAL INSURANCE FOR FOREIGNERS IN THE REPUBLIC OF BULGARIA
ARTICLE 1. DEFINITIONS
In this Policy, the following terms, for the sake of brevity, shall have the following meanings:
1. INSURER – INTERAMERICAN BULGARIA ZEAD
2. POLICY HOLDER – juridical or physical entity concluding the insurance contract, signing the policy and paying the insurance premium.
3. FOREIGN CIRIZEN – any individual who is not a Bulgarian citizen including individuals who are not citizens of any
country in compliance with its legislation.
4. INSURED – a foreign citizen sojourning for a short or longer period in the Republic of Bulgaria or passing through the country and using the insurance cover under the insurance policy. Policy Holder and Insured could be the same or different individuals.
5. BENEFICIARY – another individual, mentioned in the insurance contract entitled to the full amount or a part of the insurance indemnity or insurance amount.
6. INSURANCE CONTRACT – a contract by which virtue the Insurer shall pay insurance indemnity or amount in case of insurance event against paid insurance premium. It consists of insurance policy, general and special terms and conditions, eventual annexes, issued on the basis of amendments in the contract and negotiated by the two parties as well as eventual lists of the insured individuals.
7. INSURANCE POLICY –a part of the insurance contract describing specific data and terms and conditions.
8. INSURANCE AMOUNT/LIMIT OF LIABILITY – amount which is contracted or stipulated by the legislation and specified in the insurance policy which is an upper limit of liability of the Insurer in case of insurance event. Different insurance amounts could be contracted by individual covers.
9. INSURANCE PREMIUM – the amount paid to the Insurer by the Policy Holder/Insured considering the liabilities of the latter under the insurance contract.
10. PERIOD OF INSURANCE – the period specified in the insurance policy when the Insurer covers the risk assumed.
11. INSURANCE EVENT – event, the risk of which is covered by the Insurer and in case of which occurrence the Insurer pays an insurance amount or indemnity.
12. ACCIDENT – each event occurred as a result of external, compulsory, unforeseen, sudden and against the will of Insured cause which within one year from the date of event causes death or physical injury to the Insured. Into the group of accidents fall mischance, resultant from moving transportation vehicles, machine operation, weapons or instruments use or as a result of explosion, collapse, burning or cauterization, injury, mechanical impact, thunderbolt strike, electric shock, drowning, suffocation, freezing, malicious actions of third parties, animal attacks, insects and reptiles bites, foodstuff poisoning, unintentional poisoning with toxic substances of external origin, saving of human life or property.
The following terms herein are also considered an accident:
• Dislocation, stretching, rupturing of tissues, joints, ligaments and muscles, as a result of making own efforts,
• Physical injury due to mandatory immunization.
• Death or permanent disability due to mandatory immunization in case an additional (optional) cover is chosen under Art. 3, Item 2 of the current General Terms.
13. ACUTE DISEASE – sudden, unforeseen disease with an acute start and progressive course, newly appeared within the period of the insurance and requiring urgent examination and treatment due to its aching character and directly endangering patient’s life.
14. CHRONIC DISEASE – trouble of an organ or system of organs, with an acute start or continuous grievance manifested at different in duration intervals with occurring symptoms for a period longer than one year.
15. PRECEDING DISEASE – any preceding disease with manifested symptoms prior to the first day of insurance, found and/or diagnosticated and/or examined and/or requiring hospitalization and/or ambulatory treatment and/or medicine treatment.
16. PRECEDING ACCIDENT – any preceding accident which has been found and/or diagnosticated and/or examined by a doctor prior to the first day of the insurance and/or requiring hospitalization and/or ambulatory treatment and/or medicine treatment.
17. PERMANENT DISABILITY – permanent and irreversible lowered (in certain percentage) or totally lost capacity to accomplish any or specific labour work due to dysfunction of an organ or the whole constitution of the Insured, found by competent medical authorities in a legal way and reflected into the relevant medical documentation.
18. REPATRIATION – transportation of the Insured (medical repatriation) or his/her mortal remains from the country (place) of insurance event to the country (place) of permanent residence.
19. HOSPITAL – medical institution licensed in accordance with the active legislation, for hospitalization (in-patient aid, including consultation, examination, diagnostication and treatment of patients). Medical institutions for out-patient aid, specialized medical institutions for treatment of chronic and mentally diseased as well as specialized institutions for treatment of alcoholism and drug habits as well as sanatoriums, repose and disease prevention medical institutions, institutions for aesthetic and plastic surgery, non-traditional medicine institutions, social care institutions, etc.
20. HOSPITALIZATION – minimum 24-hour stay in a medical institution for in-patient aid by doctor’s prescription with the purpose of providing consultation, examination, diagnostication, treatment.
21. ASSISTANCE COMPANY – company operating on behalf of the Insurer providing assistance to the Insured with the purpose of registering an insurance event, forwarding to a medical institution, provision of information and guidance, organization of transportation and repatriation, covering of expenses for emergency medical aid, etc.
ARTICLE 2. SUBJECT OF THE INSURANCE AND TERRITORIAL SCOPE
1. Under the terms of the present insurance the Insurer provides insurance protection to foreigners, sojourning for a short or longer period on the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria, in compliance with Art. 23, Para. 1, Item 1 and Item
2 and Art. 24, Para. 2 of the Law on the Foreigners in the Republic of Bulgaria and active Regulation for the General Terms and Conditions, minimal insurance amount, minimal insurance premium and way of conclusion of mandatory medical insurance for foreigners sojourning for a short or longer period in the Republic of Bulgaria or passing through the country („Regulation”).
2. Individuals in a good health condition as of the conclusion of the insurance contract are insured individually or in a group.
3. The insurance is valid only on the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria.
ARTICLE 3. COVERED RISKS AND INSURANCE COVERAGE
1. Real and necessary medical expenses are covered for outpatient or inpatient treatment for emergencies due to acute disease or accident occurred within the period of the insurance.
1.1. The medical expenses include expenses for medical exams, treatment, surgical intervention, use of medical appliance, x-ray and laboratory exams, hospitalization, medicines and medical consumables upon doctor’s prescription, medical transportation (transportation of the Insured by means of a specialized medical transport or between two hospitals to render emergency medical aid, including the expenses for an accompanying medical team, if necessary, other expenses, related to the treatment and diagnosis). Expenses without direct curative influence like vitamins, proteins, side dish, specialized food, vaccines, contraceptives, auxiliary means, prostheses, corrective devices, rehabilitation means, etc. are not considered as medical expenses.
1.2. The medical expenses include expenses for emergency dental aid in the following cases:
1.2.1. due to an accident covered by the present terms;
1.2.2. incision of abscesses and phlegmons in the mouth cavity;
1.2.3. taking out of a suddenly broken or decayed tooth, including anesthesia;
1.2.4. control examination after the services specified in item 1.2.1. and item 1.2.2. of the current article;
1.2.5. emergency states after dental procedures used.
1.3. Expenses as a result of acute disease or accident for medical repatriation of mortal remains in case of death of the Insured are covered. The necessity of medical repatriation is identified by a written statement of the medical institution which has conducted the treatment or by the doctor conducting the treatment. The expenses for medial repatriation include the expenses for an accompanying medical team, if necessary.
2. The Insurer offers an additional /optional/ cover ‘Death or permanent disability due to accident’.
ARICLE 4. EXCLUSIONS
The Insurer doesn’t bear responsibility in the following cases:
1. participation in military or armed action or exercise or caused by radioactive or chemical materials during rebellion, riot, strike, lockout or other actions of similar nature including breakdown and disastrous situations;
2. terror act or terror action;
3. earthquake, ecological catastrophe, atomic or nuclear explosions, radioactive products and contaminations, radiation, (ionizing) radiation and any other similar events of mass consequences;
4. preparation and participation in sport and high-speed competitions with motor vehicles, dangerous sport exercises like alpinism, rock climbing, speleology, gliding, parachutism, deltaplanerism, balloon flights, submarine sports, diving, horse sports, hunting sports, winter sports, water-motor sports;
5. swimming, navigation and use of vessels, surf, jet, water wheel, inflating equipment and other similar equipment in banned water and/or forbidden for bathing;
6. injury of health, occurred during an arrest of the Insured by the police or at an imprisonment place;
7. appointment in the regular armed forces;
8. injury of health due to exceptive or chronic use of alcohol, narcotic substance or analogies, psychotropic, intoxicating, doping substances, stimulators, etc. or medical dependence;
9. fight or attempt to commit suicide or suicide (no matter if the Insured has been mentally responsible or irresponsible), commitment of crime or other activity, forbidden by law;
10. treatment and hospitalization in case of existing chronic diseases of the Insured (in case of a sudden crisis due to chronic disease, only the special medical aid to take out the sick person from the crisis is covered);
11. health services, the need of which has risen due to preceding diseases or accidents;
12. pregnancy, childbirth, abortion, contraceptive measures or sterilization as well as their consequences (The Insurer reimburses the medical expenses only in case of premature birth or abortion only if they are resultant from an accident covered by the present terms);
13. examination and/or treatment of sterility, fertility in vitro;
14. HIV infections, AIDS treatment or related examinations and tests, venereal diseases and reproduction system diseases;
15. mental disorders and neuroses as well as any soul or psychic states or diseases;
16. treatment and hospitalization of patients with oncological diseases;
17. hemodialise and hemotransfusion;
18. planned operations, transplantation of organs, tissues and cells;
19. mandatory immunization;
20. treatment of alcoholism and drug habits;
21. sun burn, sun and heat stroke, freezing if not due to accident, covered by the present terms;
22. plastic and aesthetic manipulations, operations and services as well as any cosmetic medical services;
23. unconventional methods for favourable influence on the individual health;
24. non-observation of e prescribed regime and/or treatment, disease simulation of the insured as well as deliberate selfwounding or health injury;
25. preventive medical check-ups;
26. participation in medical scientific researches or clinical testing of medic;
27. expenses for sanatorium treatment even when this treatment is related to risks, covered by the current terms and is prescribed by a doctor;
28. events prior to the commencement date of the insurance even when the medical aid and services have to be used within the period of insurance;
29. individuals with permanent disability above 50%.
ARTICLE 5. CONSLUSION OF AN INSURANCE CONTRACT AND PERIOD OF INSURANCE
1. The insurance contract is concluded based on a proposal (written or oral) made by the Policy Holder/Insured.
2. The insurance contract is concluded in the form of an insurance policy where information about the Policy Holder and Insured and contracted terms are specified.
3. The policy can be individual and group (when the inured individuals are more than one).
4. The group insurance contracts are concluded accompanied by a mandatory list of names of the insured individuals including individual data about the insured individuals and is an integral part of the insurance contract.
5. The insurance contract is concluded for a period not less than 1 (one) day and not longer than 1 (one) year.
6. The insurance contract of a foreign citizen sojourning for a short period in the republic of Bulgaria or passing through the country shall not be concluded for a period longer than 90 days.
7. The insurance contract of a foreign citizen sojourning for a longer period in the Republic of Bulgaria shall not be concluded for a period longer than one year.
8. The insurance contract comes into effect from the time and date specified as a commencement date of the insurance policy provided that the insurance policy has been paid and is valid up till the time and date specified as an end date in the insurance policy.
ARTICLE 6. INSURANCE AMOUNT AND LIABILITY OF THE INSURER
1. The insurance amount is contracted between the parties of the contract at its conclusion in BGN or in different currency which is specified in the insurance policy.
2. The liability of the insurer is up to the amount of the contracted limit according to the respective insurance cover regardless of the number of insurance events during the period of the insurance policy.
3. In case of payment of indemnity or reimbursement of medical expenses the limit under the respective insurance cover is decreased with the amount paid.
4. If in case of an insurance event the insured has other insurance contracts concluded, covering the risks under Art. 3, Item 1 of the present General Terms, the liability of the Insurer is proportional to the ratio between the limit contracted in the policy of IAB and the general limit for the respective cover under all insurance contracts concluded.
5. Under the cover ‘Death due to accident’ the Insurer pays the insurance amount according to the terms of the insurance policy concluded in IAB regardless of the number of insurances active as of the moment of insurance event with the same insurance cover.
6. For the cover ‘Permanent disability due to accident’ the Insurer pays a percentage of the insurance amount according to the terms of the insurance policy regardless of the number of insurances active as of the moment of the event with the same insurance cover.
ARTICLE 7. INSURANCE PREMIUM
1. The insurance premium shall be identified according to the current tariff of the Insurer.
2. The insurance premium shall be paid only once unless otherwise contracted.
3. The insurance amount shall be paid in BGN.
4. The insurance premium shall be paid in cash or transferred to a bank account.
5. In case of a bank account payment the date of transferring of the due amount to the account of the insurer shall be considered a date of payment.
ARTICLE 8. AMENDMENTS IN THE LEGAL RELATIONS
1. The General Terms of the Insurer shall bind the Insured if he has been familiarized with them prior to the conclusion of insurance contract and he has declared in writing that he adopts them. The General terms adopted by the Insured shall be an integral part of the insurance contract. In case of incompliance between the insurance policy and general terms, the contracted in the policy shall be taken into account.
2. In case the Policy Holder/Insured consciously has declared incorrect circumstance or has concealed it under the availability of which the Insurer shall not conclude the insurance contract the Insurer shall be entitled to terminate the contract. The insurer shall be entitled to terminate the contract within a one-month period from the familiarization with the circumstance. Within the period up till the contract shall be terminated the Insurer shall be entitled to receive the insurance premium and respectively to retain the paid one.
3. If the incorrectly declared or concealed circumstance is of such a nature that the Insurer would conclude the contract but under other circumstances the Insurer could ask its amendment. This right can be enjoyed in a one-month period from the familiarization with the circumstance. If the Policy Holder/Insured does not accept the proposal for amendment within a two-week period from its receipt, the contract shall be terminated along with the consequences under item 2, last sentence of the current article.
4. When in case of an insurance event under Item 2 and Item 3 of the current article the Insurer can refuse total or partial payment of an insurance indemnity or amount. When the circumstance under items 2 and 3 has influenced only on the increase of the amount of the damages, the Insurer cannot refuse payment but can decrease it according to the ratio between the amount of the premium paid and the premium which shall be paid according to the real insurance risk.
5. If the insured has concluded the contract through a proxy or at the expense of a third party, it’s enough that the concealed circumstance has been familiar to the Insured or its proxy and respectively to the third party.
6. If under the conclusion of the insurance contract a significant circumstance which is of importance for the risk, has not been familiar to the parties, each one of them can within a two-week period from its familiarization, propose an amendment of the contract.
7. If the other party doesn’t accept the proposal under Item 6 of the current article within a two-week period from its receipt, the proposing party can terminate the contract and notify the other party in writing.
8. In case of an insurance event prior to amendment or termination of the contract under item 6 or 7 of the current article, the Insurer shall not refuse payment of indemnity. The Insurer shall not refuse payment of insurance indemnity or amount but can decrease them according to the ratio between the amount of the premium paid and the premium to be paid in compliance with the real insurance risk.
9. If during the period in which the insurance contract is in force the insurance risk significantly increases or decreases, each one of the parties can require increase or decrease of the insurance premium or termination of the contract. If the party that has received a proposal for increase/decrease of the premium does not accept it within a two-week period from its receipt, the contract shall be terminated immediately.
ARTICLE 9. LIABILITIES OF THE COUNTRIES DURING THE PERIOD IN WHICH THE INSURANCE CONTRACT IS IN EFFECT
1. The Policy Holder/Insured has the following liabilities:
1.1. Under the conclusion of the insurance contract to declare exactly and exhaustively the significant circumstances familiar to him or in case of due care taken they should have been familiar to him or are of importance for the risk.
1.1.1. Significant circumstances under item 1.1. of the current article are considered all circumstances for which the Insurer has asked a question in writing.
1.1.2. Non-answering of a question without concealing a circumstance which is significant for the risk is not grounds for a one-sided termination of the insurance contract, request for its amendment or refusal for payment of indemnity.
1.2. During the period of insurance to declare to the Insurer all newly occurred circumstances for which under the conclusion of the insurance contract the Insurer has asked a question in writing. Declaration of the circumstances shall be done immediately after their familiarization. In case of a non-declaration, items 2 – 8 of Art. 8 of the current General Terms and Art. 188 – 191 of the Insurance code are enforced.
2. The Insurer has the following liabilities:
2.1. Prior to conclusion of the insurance to provide the Policy Holder/Insured with some information in writing about the company (exact name) and the legal form of business organization; address of residence and management of the insurer; cover and excluded risks; possibilities to amend the insurance contract according to the general terms; period and ways of termination of the contract; a way of identification of the premium, term and way of payment of the premium and consequence from lack of payment as well as the amount of premium which complies with the main and additional (optional) cover; prerequisites and period of payment of the insurance indemnity or amount; procedures for settlement of disputes between the parties of the insurance contract according to the internal rules of the Insurer without the right for a legal claims is affected; the law applicable to the contract when the parties do not have the right for a free choice of the applicable law and respectively the applicable law proposed by the Insurer when the parties have the right for a free choice; general information about the taxes and fees related to the contract.
2.2. While the insurance contract is in effect, to provide the Policy Holder/Insured with information about the change in the circumstances under item 2.1. of the current article.
2.3. When the insurance contract is concluded through an insurance broker or agent, the information under item
2.1. of the current article shall be provided by them.
2.4. Prior to the conclusion of the insurance contract to provide the Policy Holder/Insured with the general terms.
2.5. While the insurance contract is in effect, in case of amendment or replacement of the general terms with new ones to provide the Policy Holder/Insured with the amendments or new terms. The latter are effective for the Policy Holder/Insured only if confirmed in writing.
ARTICLE 10. RELATIONS IN CASE OF AN INSURANCE EVENT
1. In case of an insurance event the Insured shall prove the availability of a valid insurance, the occurrence of the event and related circumstances.
2. In case of an insurance event, the Insured, his representative or representative of the medical institution rendering assistance, shall within a period of 24 hours at the latest from the occurrence of the insurance event, notify the assistance company or Insurer about the phone numbers, fax and e-mail address or in other proper way and to provide the necessary information. If as of the occurrence of the insurance event the Insured has other insurances as well covering the risks under Art. 3, item 1 of the current General terms, the Insured shall notify the Insurer about this as well as notify other Insurers about the event occurred by providing them with all documents and accomplishing all other obligations with a view of payment of an insurance indemnity/amount under the contracts concluded as if he has not been insured with the Insurer.
3. The Insured who has concluded travel assistance insurance is entitled personally or through the Insurer or Assistance Company to use the contracted insurance covers and to freely choose a physician, dentist and medical institution on the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria.
4. In order the insurance amounts to be paid or medical expenses covered, the Insured or Beneficiaries shall provide the following documents:
4.1. notification about an insurance event (under the model of the Insurer); original insurance policy;
4.2. accident protocol or other document, certifying the event;
4.3. medical documents issued by the licensed medical institutions (originals or copies, certified by the medical institutions) like expert’s report, protocols, results from examinations, ambulatory certificates, sick-leave certificates, x-rays etc., certifying the treatment done and period of disability.
4.4. documents, proving the type and amount of the expenses made – invoices, with cash receipts for the medical service and/or medicines bought along with an original prescription and ambulatory certificate, invoices with a cash receipts for the medical transportation and/or repatriation;
4.5. a copy of the death certificate (certified copy) – in case of death of the Insured;
4.6. certificate for heirs (original or a copy certified by a notary) – in case of death of the Insured;
4.7. expert’s decision of the insurance and medical commission, Territorial Expert Medical Commission, National Expert Medical Commission, identifying the percentage of the disability – in case of permanent disability;
4.8. written notification about the bank account to transfer the insurance amount or reimbursed medical expenses;
4.9. other documents, requested by the Insurer, related to the insurance event.
5. All necessary documents related to the event and proving the claim shall be provided to the Insurer within a 7-day period from the date of payment.
ARTICLE 11. PAYMENT OF INSURANCE INDEMNITIES AND AMOUNTS
1. In case of insurance event the Insurer shall pay the Insurance amount, a part of it or to reimburse the medical expenses, specified in the insurance contract.
2. Under the ‘Medical expenses’ cover:
2.1. The Insurer covers the expenses under item 1.1., Art. 3 of the current General Terms;
2.2. due to acute disease with a limit up to 50% of the limit chosen for the ‘Medical expenses’ cover;
2.3. in case of hospitalization and use of hospital services the Insurer covers not more than 20 days for one event and not more than 40 days for all events during the term of the insurance;
2.4. expenses for medicines are reimbursed provided that they have been bought up to 5 (five) days from the date of their prescription.
3. Under the ‘Repatriation’ cover:
3.1. The Insurer covers expenses with limit up to 20% of the limit, chosen for the ‘Medical expenses’ cover.
4. Under the ‘Emergency dental aid’ cover:
4.1. The Insurer reimburses expenses with maximum limit of 500 BGN for one event and all events during the period of insurance.
5. The total amount of all payments under items 2, 3 and 4 of the current article during the period of the insurance shall not exceed the chosen limit for the ‘Medical expenses’ cover.
6. Under the cover ‘Death or permanent disability due to accident’:
6.1. the Insurer shall pay the insurance amount or percentage of it in the cases when death or permanent disability have occurred up to one year at the latest from the date of the Insurance event and are in a causal relationship with it;
6.2. the percentage of permanent disability shall be identified by the Insurance and Medical Commission or the Territorial Expert Medical Commission/National Expert Medical Commission after a final or total stabilization of the health of the Insured but not earlier than twelve months from the date of the insurance event;
6.3. the cover ‘Death due to accident’ shall not be valid for individuals who have not attained the age of 14 or placed under judicial disability according to Art. 230, Para. 3 of the Insurance Code as well as individuals who have not attained the age of 70.
7. The total amount of all payments under Item 6 of the current article during the period of insurance shall not exceed the selected insurance amount for the cover „Death and/or permanent disability due to accident’.
8. The Insurer shall pay:
8.1. Medical expenses for treatment and hospitalization:
8.1.1 directly to the assistance company of the hospital or organizations that have transported or repatriated the Insured, according to the current tariffs of the services providers;
8.1.2. to the Insured, if he has paid the amount for medical services of the hospital in cases under item 3 of
Art. 10 of the current General Terms.
8.2. The insurance amount in case of death due to accident – to the beneficiaries.
8.3. The insurance amount or a part of it in case of permanent disability due to accident – to the Insured.
9. The due insurance indemnity or amount is identified and paid by the Insurer within a 15-day period after the Insured has provided all necessary documents related to establishment of the insurance event and amount for payment.
10. The Insurer pays on a bank account the due amounts in Bulgaria in BGN and abroad – in currency and the amount is recalculated in the respective currency according to the rate of exchange of BNB at the day of transfer.
11. When the Insurer has grounds to refuse payment of the insurance indemnity or amount for a claim, the Insurer shall notify in writing the Insured/Beneficiaries about the grounds for the refusal within the term, specified in item 9 of the current article.
ARTICLE 12. TERMINATION OF THE INSURANCE AMOUNT AND RESPECTIVE CONSEQUENCES
1. The Insurance amount shall be terminated automatically:
1.1. with the expiry of the period of conclusion;
1.2. in case of exhaustion of the contracted insurance amount (limit of liability) for all insurance events resultant from paid or forthcoming indemnities;
1.3. in case of lack of insurance interest when the Insurer retains the part of the premium, corresponding to the expired period of the Insurance contract until its termination.
2. In case of termination of the insurance contract under items 2 and 3 or item 9 of Art. 8 of the current General Terms the Insurer retains the paid part of the premium and respectively is entitled to require its payment for the period till its termination.
3. In case of termination of the insurance contract under Items 6 and 7 of art. 8 f the current General Terms the Insurer reimburses the part of the paid premium corresponding to the expired period of the Insurance contract.
4. The Insurance contract shall be terminated at the request of the Insurer and in this case the Insurer shall reimburse the Policy Holder/Insured with the part of the premium paid corresponding to the expired period of the Insurance contract.
5. The Insurance contract shall be terminated at the request of the Policy Holder/Insured and:
5.1. In case of termination of the contract prior to its effectiveness the Insurer shall reimburse the Policy Holder/Insured with the insurance premium paid with deduction of the administrative costs according to the active internal rules of the Insurer.
5.2. When the contract is in effect, the Insurer shall reimburse the Policy Holder/Insured with the part of the premium paid corresponding to the non-expired period of the insurance contract with the deduction of the amount for the administrative costs according to the active internal rules of the Insurer.
5.3. Termination of the insurance contract under item 5.2. of the current article shall be admitted provided that during the used period of insurance no insurance event with the Insured has occurred and the Insurer has not paid insurance indemnity or amounts.
6. The parties under the insurance contract shall declare in writing their request to terminate the insurance contract under items 4 or 5 of the current article and the premium for the non-expired period of the insurance shall be calculated as of the date of the written notification of the other party.
ARTICLE 13. LEX LOCI ACTUS – SUBJECTO TO JURISDICTION
1. For each legal claim related to the insurance contract it is contracted the solely the Bulgarian Courts are considered competent.
2. Bulgarian legislation shall be enforced.
ARTICLE 14. PRESCRIPTION
The rights of Insured and Insurer under the insurance contract shall lapse with the expiry of the prescription stipulated by law.
AICLE 15. FINAL PROVISIONS
1. No amendments in the Insurance contract shall be considered valid if not in writing and do not bear the signature of an authorized representative of the Insurer.
2. All expenses related to the conclusion of the current Insurance contract, payment of indemnity and any other liabilities, stipulated in the Bulgarian legal provisions shall be at the expense of the Insured only.
3. The current General Terms, all additional agreement and annexes shall be an integral part of the insurance contract.
4. The legal relations between the Policy Holder/Insured and Insurer shall be settled by the current General Terms of Interamerican Bulgaria ZEAD, Insurance Code, Commercial Law, law on Contracts and Obligations and other Bulgarian legal regulations.
The current General Terms are adopted by the Board of Directors of Interamerican Bulgaria ZEAD on 01.12.2011 are taken into effect on 25.01.2012.