Alfa City Europe > News > News > Rights of a foreigner with Visa D in the EU

Rights of a foreigner with Visa D in the EU

Visa D

What happens if you are a citizen of an EU country and get marry to a foreigner who is not a citizen of an EU country and want to travel around Europe? The spouse is entitled with his partner to visit EU countries without a visa up to 90 days, as a family member of an EU citizen under Directive 2004/38/EC. In this case, no matter if the spouse has a long visa for Bulgaria. He / she has a derivative right partner directly right of free movement in the EU. We still strongly encourage you to contact the diplomatic mission in Bulgaria for the country you want to visit (employees on the phone speak Bulgarian) and discuss their intention. This is because different countries use different ways of the Directive. Some of them want the certificate marriage certificate translated into English, or the main language spoken in the State, etc. In all cases, however, if some of you make sure that you do not have such a right (note that we are not yet in Schengen, for example) current and reference to this Directive. The directive is the free movement of EU citizens and their family members, and has nothing to do with the implementation of the Schengen Agreement.

Share this...
Email this to someone
Share on Facebook

Tagged with: , , ,